These pictures show the smouldering aftermath of a fire which wrecked a Sunderland care home.
The Croft care home was gutted after a roof fire broke out last Friday, with residents forced to evacuate.
Over 40 firefighters tackled the blaze, which left six people in hospital although nobody was seriously injured.
Now an investigation has revealed the fire is likely to have started accidentally.
“The fire started on the roof of the building and spread very quickly due to the warm, dry conditions,” said Richie Rickaby, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue’s Area Manager for Community Safety.
“When our crews arrived on scene, most of the occupants had already evacuated the building but there were still seven people known to be inside.
“Using breathing apparatus, firefighters entered the building and were able to quickly locate them and bring them to safety.
“Some of the occupants required hospital treatment for smoke inhalation and we wish them a quick recovery.
“This was an extremely challenging incident and I’d like to thank every firefighter involved in bringing it to a safe conclusion.
“Without their bravery, skill and professionalism, we could have seen multiple fatalities.”
The devastating fire resulted in an outpouring of support from the community. One woman, Jolene Casey, has raised around £7,000 for the residents.
Others have used Facebook groups to collect other goods, such as clothes.
However manager Kathryn Hudson said staff were “completely devastated” with the loss of the home.
“The staff remained calm throughout a terrifying situation and followed our evacuation procedures which resulted in no casualties or serious injuries,” she added.
“This would not have been possible without the support from the emergency services, my colleagues and staff.”